Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Book Review on Catholicmom.com

I'm very pleased that Sister Margaret Kerry, who I "met" on twitter, reviewed my novels on Catholicmom.com. What higher honor could there be--that a real-life nun reviews books revolving around a fictional nun?

Here's what she says:

"After I read The Crown (which won the Best Historical Mystery Award in 2013) I watched the PBS television series Wolf Hall. I’m glad I did. With the first of Nancy Bilyeau’s acclaimed books as a Catholic guide, along with Robert Bolt’s A Man for All Seasons, I was able to sort out the myopic elements in Wolf Hall. Catholicism in Wolf Hall is seen through the eyes of Thomas Cromwell. He is infamous for beginning the destruction of monasteries and religious communities in England. Henry VIII got needed loot for England’s coffers; Cromwell was able to forward his agenda for a more Protestant England. The Crown, first in a series by Bilyeau, is an inside view of this time of historic upheaval though the eyes of a Dominican novice. She wears a medal of Thomas รก Becket and knows of Thomas More’s allegiance to the Church, “I die the good King’s servant, but God’s first.” This quote, one of my favorites, was left out ofWolf Hall..."

Sister Margaret has been a Daughter of St. Paul for 40 years. She proclaims the gospel in all sorts of ways, writing books and conducting workshops on media literacy. She's great on Twitter!

To read her full review, go to http://catholicmom.com/2015/05/29/historical-mystery-series-remedies-wolf-halls-revisionist-history/

4 comments:

  1. If you love writing then do not stop to write. One day your writing will read through out the world and they will remember you. discover more that helps me a lot on my academic papers writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be one of the great site for those people who are really interested on the catholic side and great site will give them that info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the book review of the catholic side then you must need to try this
    tips which said in this page to guide you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can take the review of the book in this area and can find the new site to check for the better changes. Just come here and enjoy the life in the best manner. You can click site and can manage the best instructions with the better challenges.

    ReplyDelete